Frequently Asked Questions
Check most frequently asked questions here, if you still need help then please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on: +1 77 0 856 3301.
Corset Buyers Guide
What is so special about ordering from Ms. Martha’s Corset Shoppe? Ms. Martha’s Corsets are designed with the industry standard of a 10-inch difference between the bust, hip and the waist.
You measure your bust = 34, waist = 24 hip = 34. You are perfect. Good for you but most of us are not. Ms. Martha has taken the real woman and made it possible for her to order with confidence because:
1 A 6 - inch privacy panel has been installed in each Over and Under bust corset at no extra charge. This panel is attached to one side of the back of the corset and goes under the laces. Ms. Martha does not like to show the skin in this area because if the extra fat deposits some people get as they age. It also allows you to gain 15 pounds without buying a new corset. If you like your corsets without the panel, simply cut it out.
2 Extra-long laces allow you to loosen the corset and clip the front without struggle. Ms. Martha suggests that you always do this to save your BUSK. She guarantees your corset for almost everything except the loss of a pin or Hook because they only break with abuse by the user. Check Ms. Martha’s Blog to see what to do with the extra lacing after you are laced in.
There is no mystery here or secret formula. Find your waist and measure it. Slide you hand down your side from the arm pit until you feel a stop. Most often this is the hip. Just above that is the natural waist measurement. Look at our size chart and order true; most often this will bring you the perfect corset for you.
There are some exceptions. IF you have a 34 DDD bust and a 30-inch hip, you will want to size up to fit the bust. Ms. Martha will do a blog on the exceptions.
If you are in doubt call or message us through our social media accounts, WE ARE HERE FOR YOU.
LEATHER OR SILK?
1. LEATHER: There are differences between the two and how they feel on. Our Leather corsets are lined with a Cotton Duck fabric that wicks moisture away from your skin so the myth that they get stinky is just that. The leather we use most often is Lamb. It learns your body very quickly. Each time you wear it you will find it easier and easier to put on. It gives a little as you wear it. You may need to tightening up as your evening progresses. Ms. Martha works in leather almost exclusively because of these reasons. She can lace of up to 12 straight hours and never complain of back problems.
2. SILK: It has the same cotton duck lining as the leather. You will find our colors compelling. The deep colors are achieved by developing our own fabrics. The silk takes no prisoners. It will be trained to fit you better with each wearing just like the leather however it will take longer to become completely seasoned. There is no stretch.
3. LONGETIVITY: Ms. Martha has had customers come and show her corsets they bought 15 years ago at an Event. This is not at all unusual. If you take care of it will take care of you. Both Leather and silk are doing well out there.
We sell traditional Victorian Steel Boned Corsets. Ms Martha has taken the liberty of making beautiful style changes that allow our customers to wear their corsets on the outside. The basic fit is the same on most of the styles. We have several fabric materials to choose from.
You get to choose which type of reduction you want. Typically our corsets offer a 4 to 6 inch reduction in the waist. You must have at least that much body fat to manipulate. Ms Martha's corsets are so beautiful that most customers choose to wear them out to show them off. You get the identical reduction from an UNDERBUST as an OVERBUST or CORSEVEST. Ms Martha often brags about being able to take a simple CINCHER into your closet and make 15 different outfits suitable for a night out or a great night in. The only real difference is that the Overbust Corset is a tad bit more confining. The CORSEVEST is a special design that goes just about anywhere. The fit and coverage is sublime. Go out to lunch or add a blazer and wear it to a Church Wedding. It makes a statement where ever you choose to take it.
1. LEATHER: If you are part of the Leather community take it to a BOOT BLACK at your next event. You put the corset on a full hour before your appointment to warm it up. The black will “FEED” the leather while it is warm and absorbs better. They are true artisans in what they can do. If you do not have access to a Boot Black, this is what Ms. Martha always recommends…. Take your leather corset to the best Shoe repair guy in your town. He will
know exactly what to do. If you are a do it yourselfer, YouTube offers many videos. NEVER use a deodorant that leaves a white residue. DEATH to a leather corset.
2. SILK: First and foremost, only wear deodorant that does not leave a white residue. Hard to clean. Have your Dry Cleaner spot treat thin inside of your corset. Just inside the busk you will find a good place. It must not leave a ring. IF all is well leave it with him with directions SPOT CLEAN. Never submerge in any liquid. The liquid will rust the steel bones and this will RUIN your corset.
There are several methods that work well. They do best when they lie flat. Easy and most often free, slip it into pillowcase and lay it on a closet shelf of drawer. Many people hang it by the laces draped over a pants hanger. It works but could cause the laces to stretch or the grommets to weaken.
Country of Origin:
Do you ship worldwide?
Ms. Martha's Corset Shoppe does ship internationally. She will gather quotes and let you know the costs. You will be notified via Email for approval.
We offer FREE DELIVERY in the USA with no minimum order. We use USPS priority estimated 2 to 3 days arrival. Need it the next day? we can ship overnight for an EXTRA CHARGE. FedEx, UPS, or DHL. We will use the courier with the least expensive way to get it to you.
Most often your new corset will be shipped the day after we receive the order. You will be notified via Email as soon as the order is fulfilled. Please try it on and take a picture for the review we are waiting for. You get a 20% discount on your next order.
Payments, Returns & Refunds
What are your modes of payment?
-Credit / Debit cards, PayPal, and Venmo are the modes of payment that we accept at the present.
Do you offer cash on delivery?
Unfortunately we don't. All orders needs to be paid when you place an order.
Do you accept credit facility for your merchandise?
- No, order should be paid in full before we process the orders for shipping.
Is my payment information safe and secure?
Thanks for shopping at Ms. Martha's Corset Shoppe. If you are not entirely satisfied with your purchase, we're here to help.
You have 10 calendar days to return an item from the date you received it. To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. Your item must be in the original packaging. Your item needs to have a RMA# (Return Merchandise Authorization #) included in the package. To obtain a RMA# please contact us.
Once we receive your item, we will inspect it and notify you that we have received your returned item. We will immediately notify you on the status of your refund after inspecting the item. If your return is approved, we will initiate a refund to your credit card (or original method of payment). You will receive the credit within 7 days, depending on your card issuer's policies.